Back yards, especially concrete patios, are being transformed into luxurious extensions of the house. They’re the new favorite room to relax, entertain, and cook. And the heart and soul of the backyard resort area is the concrete patio.
The Hearth, Patio, and Barbecue Association, which recently held its annual tradeshow and exposition, says the growth of the outdoor living phenomena is the result of North America’s interest in ‘cocooning,’ the trend toward a more casual lifestyle, an aging population and the popularity of porches, decks, and concrete patios in homes. Concrete patios, sometimes referred to as cement patios, provide the perfect sanctuary for outdoor living spaces because they are often connected to the house and blend the interior with the exterior living areas. For example, homeowners can match the stone facade of their house by installing decorative concrete to create a stone patio without the expense of installing traditional individual stones. With stamped concrete, homeowners can get the look of flagstone, brick and many other patterns when stamp patterns are pressed into freshly poured concrete.
The swimming pool industry sees that trend, too. In fact, pools are getting smaller and are playing a less dominant role in the backyard. The Pool and Spa Institute says the pool is just one amenity an increasing number of homeowners are going all out with outdoor kitchens, furnished seating areas, fireplaces, decorative concrete patios, pizza ovens, elaborate water features, and more. Homeowners want to enjoy their homes, but they also see upgrading their back yards as an investment. Creating the look of an authentic stone patio, slate patio, or cobblestone patio is more economical to install using decorative concrete, and adds value to the home.
We have more patio designs/pictures under the Pavers page!
Book Your Consultation
- 30 minute site visit
- Single item projects only (driveway extension only, paver patio only)
- Homeowner knows what they are looking to install (size and location, layout)
- Generally $10K or less budget
- No drawing provided
- Up to an hour site visit
- Multi Projects (Paver Patio & Seat Wall / Driveway Extension with Walkway)
- Consultation to help with layout design, to discuss location size materials and more!
- Basic drawing of the project
- Assistance with HOA
- Laser shooting for evaluations included
Ultimate Design $425
- includes everything in the consultation package plus…
- 3D/4D Design
- Material vendor visit to help chose material selection (1 hour)